When planning a mailbox system, you should always observe the currently valid DIN EN 13724 (also called mailbox standard).
- Easy postal delivery without broken letters or personal pick-up in a post office, eg. B. for large DIN C4 envelopes
- Enough storage space for higher post volume
- No trouble with wet mail
- Best quality through specified and tested materials
- Security against rent reductions through standardized mailboxes
Tenants can demand a standard-compliant mailbox, the landlord must even sue if necessary co-owner for approval to a new mailbox. "Only the existence of a functional mailbox corresponds to proper administration within the meaning of § 21 Abs. 4 WEG, to which every homeowner has a claim." (AG Frankfurt / Main, judgment of 9.3.2016, 33 C 3463/15)"If problems occur during the delivery of magazines or DIN A4 envelopes due to the letterbox installation installed by the landlord, a monthly reduction is appropriate." (Köln AP, Az. 29520/90)"A mailbox is part of the equipment of a rented apartment. If it is difficult to open and wet in rain-fed mail, there is a defect that entitles to a reduction of one percent of the rent. (AG Mainz, 8 C 98/96 )
We have tested all our products according to this standard and marked accordingly. Only a few do not comply with this standard, because due to lack of space in renovations letterboxes are often required and assembled with non-standard dimensions. This standard is a recommendation, but becomes compulsory by entry in tenders. It should also be noted that legal disputes are always based on the current technical standard - E.g. the corresponding standard.
The insertion opening should be at a height of between 700 mm and 1700 mm. In exceptional cases, it can also be between 400 mm and 1800 mm.We recommend that you place the installation box at a height between approx. 1200 and 1400 mm for optimum operation.Depending on the manufacturer, video cameras should be planned at a height of 1500 - 1600 mm. An above-mounted lamp must be planned with a minimum distance, depending on the manufacturer.For barrier-free planning, we recommend that at least 30% of mailbox locks be installed at a height of approximately 900 to 1300 mm.
- Classification of the four different types of openings: exterior, interior, passage, door / side wall
- Designation of two different insertion sizes: 325 - 400 mm (transverse insertion), 230 - 280 mm (longitudinal insertion), insertion height 30 - 35 mm
- Resistance to corrosion according to DIN EN 1670 and against ingress of water (240 hours salt spray test)
- Resistance to burglary by sturdy materials and locks with a division into two security levels
- A test envelope in C4 format must be able to be delivered without folding or damaging it
- The center line of the openings should be between 700 mm and 1700 mm installation height, in exceptional cases the area may be between 400 mm and 1800 mm
- To ensure safety, the components of the openings must not have sharp corners
- To ensure confidentiality, mailboxes are to be equipped without viewing windows
- Removal safeguards against unauthorized removal
- The minimum volume is specified with a stacking height of at least 40 mm mail in C4 format